Installing KATSANA® Vehicle Tracking System on your own
Installation of Katsana GPS Tracker is fairly straightforward and easy. Simply power it up with a 12V (or 24V) DC constant power, the vehicle tracking hardware will switch on automatically and start tracking your vehicle straight away.
In most cases, there are 3 wires that need to be connected to your car.
- B+ or Constant Power wire (Red)
- Ground, often connects to vehicle chassis (Black)
- Ignition, connects to Ignition wire (optional)
- Wires should be fastened to other wires or non-moving parts. Avoid heat emitting and moving objects near the wire.
- The connection should be hidden properly. If factory isolation is removed while connecting wires, it should be applied again.
- If the wires are placed at the exterior or places exposed to heat, humidity, dirt, etc., additional isolation should be applied.
- Do not connect the wires to board computers or control units.
Connecting Power Source
- Be sure that after the car computer falls asleep (usually in 5-30min period), power is still available on the chosen wire.
- It is recommended to connect to main power cable in the fusebox.
Connecting Ground Wire
- Ground wire is connected to the vehicle frame or metal parts that are fixed to the frame.
- If the wire is fixed with bolt, the loop must be connected to the end of the wire.
- For better contact, scrub paint from the place where loop is connected.
- Connecting the power supply must be carried out on a low-impedance point on-board vehicle network. These points in the car are battery terminals.
- Therefore, we recommend connecting the power of KATSANA® GPS trackers (POWER and GROUND wire) directly to the battery terminals.
- Another valid option is to connect the wires to the main POWER cable inside the fusebox. GROUND wire must be connected in a special point, designed to connect GROUND wires.
- Connecting GROUND at an arbitrary point to the car is unacceptable, as static and dynamic potentials on the GROUND line will be unpredictable.
Recommended areas to install KATSANA GPS Trackers
Displayed are our recommended areas available within a car that can be used to hide Katsana Advanced GPS Tracker. For additional security, you may install in other areas your desire.
- Do not place the unit under metal surfaces.
- Do not install next to radio, speakers or alarm systems.
- It must be rigidly mounted on the surface.
- Do not place the unit next to heat or moving parts.
- It is recommended to place the unit near areas open to the sky (dashboard, rear windscreen, C-Pillar areas, doors, etc)
- Device can be placed in other areas of the vehicle (internally or externally in car, truck, motorcycle) wherever there is visibility to the satellites.
For added Protection
- Thief would normally inspect the dashboard area for GPS tracking system. Thus, install the unit in random areas to minimize the chances of Katsana tracker being discovered.
- Do not let people know the existence and whereabout of your GPS tracking unit.
- Install connecting wires as discreetly as possible, making it less obvious and harder to notice